5 Healthy Benefits of Massage
Studies show that massage benefits people of all ages, both manual therapy and deep tissue. As for deciding between the two, it all depends on what your body needs at the moment.
At Back to Health Chiropractic and Massage in Vancouver, we offer both chiropractic and massage due to their synergistic benefits. Here’s five ways massage helps your health...
5 Benefits of Massage
- Muscle Health - The healthiest muscles are loose and strong. The challenge is it’s easy to get tight and knotted. Massage helps stretch muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce pain.
- Pain Reduction - Whether chronic pain, an injury or a health condition, massage therapy’s ability to relieve tension has ample research showing it’s far more effective at pain relief than prescription drugs.
- Stress Relief - Stress creates full-body tension, often growing acute in specific areas, like the back and neck. Massage can help lower cortisol levels and increase levels of oxytocin, which is a hormone that relaxes the body and produces soothing effects.
- Joint Health - All the time spent sitting in front of a computer is unhealthy for the spine and your joints, causing tightness and loss of flexibility among other issues. Massage helps restore and preserve flexibility and range of motion while stimulating the production of your body’s natural lubrication.
- Musculoskeletal Conditions - Deep tissue massage in particular has ample research backing its ability to provide pain relief and empowering the body to recover from conditions like chronic back pain, sciatica, fibromyalgia, and more.
Get Expert Massage at Back to Health Chiropractic and Massage
Our approach is to get to the root of the problem. Dr. Thomas Saeman has traveled all over this country to seek the best techniques available today to give the best care possible. He puts his heart in every patient entering the office. He loves to teach. If you desire to learn more about health, he has in office lectures on nutrition, exercise, stress relief, toxins of the effects on your body and more.
Dr. Jonathan Sears finds it amazing to be able to help people achieve better health without having to rely on medications. He loves seeing a patient’s mindset change and seeing families make the choice together to make a change in their lives. It’s always exciting to see patients focus on complete wellness, not just getting out of pain.
Have questions or need to schedule an appointment? Call Back to Health Chiropractic and Massage at (360) 253-4285 or go online and fill out our contact form.